Tasting - Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $12

"Lively aromas of black cherry, ripe currant, fresh herbs and lightly roasted coffee. Supple tannins and balanced acidity support core flavors of blackberry, black cherry and toasty oak, intertwined with spicy black pepper accents." -www.noblevines.com

This is a wine I tried multiple times before I enrolled in the Geography of Wine.  At the time, I didn't know anything about wine.  I have since realized that while I like this wine, it is not my favorite.  I like the aromas (soft with dark berries) but it is definitely full-bodied with more tannins and acidity than I like when looking for a wine to casually enjoy.  Although I don't detect the toasty oak, I can detect small amounts of the spicy black pepper.  A good casual wine for a bargain to pair with some snacks or cheese.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon