Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend


Name: Member's Mark Black Point Red Wine Blend
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot and Syrah (I can't find the exact %s)
Region: Sutter Home Vineyards, Napa, California
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $11

"This medium bodied red combines the best attributes of cabernet, zinfandel, merlot and syrah.  Notes of berry, black cherry and oak compliment the intensity." -www.samsclub.com

This is my grandfather's favorite wine he regularly purchases since it is so convenient to pick up when shopping. I honestly have not tried many red blends as I typically have a grape I want in mind so I end up grabbing a new varietal wine.  This wine might have changed my, admittedly, lazy practice.  The versatility of this wine was great.  I love big bodied reds with lots of tannins so this definitely fulfilled that preference, but the Zinfandel also gave it a lighter, sweeter body married to the bolder side by the Merlot and Syrah.  I believe this wine would pair very well with many different foods but we just enjoyed it without anything accompanying.  I can add this to my list of wines that prove there is no amount of money you must spend to find a great wine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon