Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2016
Price: $12

"Clean light ruby with medium viscosity. On the nose quite fruity with red fruits. On the palate it has gooseberry, grapefruit, and blackberry. Simple structure." - www.vivino.com

Very similar to many other cabernet sauvignon I have tasted with the typical berry aromas.  Upon tasting, I detected sweeter fruit tastes than I expected.  One of the flavors almost reminded me of a strawberry type taste.  The typical cabernet sauvignon body with medium to strong tannins, giving it a dry sensation on the tongue.  I usually prefer cabernet sauvignon with food but the simplicity of this wine made it perfectly fine to drink on it's own.  I would recommend this wine to anyone who likes cabernet sauvignon and wants a casual glass without food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon