Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Trapiche Oak Cast Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2015
Price: $13

"Ruby color. Fruity aromas and flavors of mixed berry jelly, cork board, and pie crusts with a medium body and a peppery, delightful, medium-length juicy cassis and sanguine, honey covered panna cotta, allspice, and cigar box finish with clunky tannins. A nice cab with a big oak presence." -www.tastings.com

Very powerful aromas of fruit, pepper, and honey.  The usual fruit flavors but I also tasted a smoky finish that isn't as common among reds.  I agree about the clunky tannins but I thought it was more full-bodied than medium-bodied.  I didn't pair it with food but I wish I would have.  Good wine but a little more full-bodied than I prefer.  I would recommend to someone looking to pair with a heavy meal such as steak. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon