Tasting - Kaiken Reserva Malbec


Name: Kaiken Reserva Malbec
Variety: 95% Malbec, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2015
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Price: $10

"Fresh fruit aromas evoke strawberries and cherries nicely supplemented by spicy and floral notes. In the palate, this wines reveals an extraordinary freshness and soft tannins." - www.wine.com

This is my first Malbec I have tried.  To the nose, it is very similar to other wines I have experienced.  Many fruit aromas with the typical alcohol aromas of full-bodied wines.  To the taste, I detected notes of cherry and berry with more spice than expected.  I found it to be more cherry and dark berry than strawberry.  This is a fuller-bodied wine with very forward tannins and acidity.  I tasted lots of earthy notes with a reasonable amount of spice.  I would recommend this to anyone looking for a full-bodied wine to pair with food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon