Tasting - Tamber Bey Rabicano

Name: Tamber Bey Deux Chevaux Vineyard Rabicano
Variety: 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 8% Petit Verdot, 7% Cabernet Franc
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $42

"A dense purple color is followed by sweet blueberry and blackberry fruit intermixed with a note of spring flowers. Medium to full-bodied with supple tannins, outstanding concentration and overall balance and equilibrium, this impressively endowed, serious red merits attention." - www.wine.com

This is the most expensive wine I have ever tasted so I didn't really know what to expect.  It wasn't as different from cheaper wines as I expected.  Nothing about the aroma was particularly different but when I tasted the wine I could detect a few more flavors.  I can usually only detect a couple flavors but with this wine I detected berries, fruits, floral, and even some oak.  The tannins in this wine are the perfect amount for my liking.  Just enough to give a dry sensation but not so much that you feel as if you have to be eating.  Although, I believe many different foods would pair well with this wine.  Overall, I do not believe it is worth the additional money for my amateur palate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon