Tasting - Clos de Argentine Malbec

Name: Clos de Argentine Malbec Reserva
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza Province
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $40

"Smoky, charred aromas of blackberry and blackened spices set up a bold palate with energy to spare. Blackberry and cassis flavors are rich, toasty and chocolaty, while the finish on this full-bodied, ripe Malbec is lengthy and moderately complex." -www.winemag.com

Like last week, I had the opportunity to taste a more expensive wine than I normally consume.  Also like last week, the experience was underwhelming.  Like Boyer has said multiple times, some of the best wines are not the most expensive.  I have definitely found this to be the case.  I got the cherry, blackberry aromas but did not detect the chocolate.  This is the smokiest wine I have tasted throughout the course but I did not get the complexity I assumed would be there.  Overall, a good wine but not worth the extra money unless the smoky and cherry sensations are some of your favorite. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon