Tasting - Century Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Cemtury Cellars California Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $9

"Deep purple in color with long legs. On the nose, aromas of black cherry, blackberry and violet. Palate also revealed plum, cedar and vanilla notes. Full bodied with well integrated tannins and a warm, slightly spicy finish." - www.vivino.com

I smelled the black cherry and blackberry but not the violet.  This smelled unique for a cabernet sauvignon to me with more fruit aromas than I can usually detect.  When tasting, I detected more vanilla than I ever have in a cabernet sauvignon before.  Very tannic with a good amount of spice in the aftertaste.  I would recommend with cheese or other food since it is very full in body.  Not my favorite wine but definitely something unique and worth a taste from anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon