Tasting - Rawson's Retreat Merlot

Name: 2014 Penfold's Rawson's Retreat Merlot
Variety: 100% merlot
Region: South Eastern Australia. Grapes selected from vineyards across the region.
Price: $10

"Rawson’s Retreat Merlot is the epitome of an everyday red.  Rawson’s Retreat Merlot has delicious red and black berry fruit characteristics with lifted herbal and floral notes, all supported by subtle cedary oak." - www.snooth.com

My immediate reaction to both the smell and taste of this wine is berry. It has a much more full taste than many other wines I have tried. Good amount of tannin characteristics as I get the dry and puckering sensation with every drink.  This wine would pair very well with many foods. I like Rawson's Retreat much more than other merlot I have tried, but I still prefer the reds that aren't quite as full-bodied. If someone was looking for a bodied red wine to pair with food, I would definitely recommend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon