Tasting - Blackstone Pinot Grigio


Name: 2014 Blackstone Winemaker's Select Pinot Grigio, California, USA
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Sonoma County, California
Price: $10

Bottle Label - Consistent, smooth, balanced and perfect for any occasion from dinner parties to everyday enjoyment. Our Pinot Grigio shows bright flavors of crisp green apple and citrus with floral characteristics and pear notes.

"Bright red fruit flavors with substantial minerality and earthiness." - www.wineaccess.com

A very sweet and floral wine. My very inexperienced palate found it to be a bit sour but, at this point, I don't have a whole lot of experience to compare. The source of this sour taste could be the minerality of the wine. It didn't taste dry to me at all so not many tannins. I tasted more of the floral and mineral characteristics than the crisp green apple and fruit flavors indicated on the label. Not my favorite white wine I have tasted but certainly not the worst. I enjoyed this bottle and would purchase it again, especially for the price!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon