Tasting - Codirosso Chianti

Name: 2014 Codirosso Chianti
Variety: 70% Sangiovese, 15% Canaiolo, 15% Malvasia Bianca
Region: Tuscany, Italy
Price: $11

"Dusty garnet color. Earthy aromas and flavors of dried sour cherry and sundried tomato, honey roasted mushrooms, chocolate yogurt, and hint of barnyard with a supple, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a smooth, interesting, medium-length nuts, cranberry compote, and earth finish with a suggestion of oak. A nice combination of bright fruit and rusticity will bode well for the hunter’s table." - www.tastings.com

As I discussed in my intro post, my first real wine experience was in Italy and the #1 wine I had in Italy was Chianti.  I like how dry the wine is and how no flavor is overwhelming. When I first smelled this glass, it was very fruity. I definitely smelled the sour cherry and sundried tomato. The honey roasted mushrooms, yogurt, etc. are probably a little advanced for both my smell and taste right now.  When drinking the wine, I could definitely taste the rusticity mentioned in the article. My favorite aspect of this wine, like other Chianti I have had, is the lack of strong flavors. It is very easy to drink and I don't feel the need to be eating with it. It is the perfect wine to have a casual glass before bed. I will definitely be purchasing this wine again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Member's Mark Red Blend

Tasting - Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting - Trapiche Cabernet Sauvignon